Hate Your Body? Here’s How to Bring on Some Bodylove As We Head Toward Warmer Weather.
Cellulite, stretch marks, saggy skin, flab. Blemishes, sunspots, wrinkles, hair. There’s about 2% of the population that escape these normal manifestations of a body. The rest of us have a real body, thank-you-very-much. If you delay or suspend Bodylove until you reach ‘perfection’, imagine the experiences and feel good vibes you are denying yourself. Sensuality can start today.
There is nothing wrong with having goals. There’s nothing wrong with wanting to be better, fitter, healthier, or stronger. There is something wrong with denying yourself encouragement and love in the meantime.
Invoking Body Love
Begin to notice:
- How it makes you feel when you believe the negative thoughts that pop up about your body.
- How it makes you feel when you believe and invest in these thoughts.
- How often you find yourself engaged in body shaming of yourself and others.
Once You Notice You Are Aware and Awake
You can’t help negative thoughts. It’s part of being human. You can decide how much power you give them.
Body shame serves no purpose. Body shame means misery, fear, and choices made from feeling ‘less than’. Undermining your value means you’ll never have the life you dream of.
Pathways to Self-Love
Practice making eye contact with yourself in the mirror and looking at your face and body. Breathe. Notice if you feel tense. Develop a relationship with the most important person in the world – YOU!
I love myself when______. I feel strong when_______. I’m grateful for my body when__________. I can nurture my body by________________. Name 10 things you like about your body NOW (not some distant point in the future).
Movement helps body integration. What type of movement makes you feel alive?
Swimsuit Hacks to Help You Through the Sunny Season
- Cute denim cut-offs, funked out with scissors to the perfect length for you, are a great swimsuit hack. Worn over bikini bottoms, they are a great fashion statement for curves. If left open at the waist to show off a cute bikini, they can be worn on or off the beach. An alternative to shorts is a wrap skirt. Draw attention to your feet with color and sparkle. Buy gold or silver fashion-forward thong sandals. Gold and silver footwear looks great with any skin tone. Paint your toenails with great color. Buy a new toe ring and an ankle bracelet.
- If you feel self-conscious about your tummy area, but still want to wear a two-piece, wear a skort or denim shorts with a cute tank top. Get a shirt with a cut out back, sides or scoop neck to show off that swimwear. If your budget is too tight to buy cut out t-shirts, experiment with funking out the t-shirts you have. Cut up and cut out to show the parts of you that you want to showcase. There are lots of YouTube videos with ideas about how to jazz up your t-shirts to make them vacation-ready.
- Mesh (mesh shirt, mesh dress) is a great fashion accessory to cover up bumps you don’t wanna show. Wear it over something skimpy such as a bikini or bathing suit.
- If you find a lovely one piece, wear it with a maxi skirt (those long soft skirts that cover you to your ankles). One piece swimsuits also look great as a bodysuit with jeans or shorts.
- If you feel nervous about showing thighs that have been put away for the winter, find a swimming skirt instead of a bikini bottom. Swimming skirts and shorts also mean you won’t have to be so afraid of stray hairs. A Brazilian Wax is not actually good for your lady parts. Wear cute bright body shorts that cover a bit more.
- A wide hat and sunglasses will glam up your look, even when you’ve had a late night. Add a little SPF lipstick and you’re good to go.
- An eye-catching necklace or belt can really attract attention.
- Make sure there is a push up installed in your swimsuit, as this will lift and boost everything.
- Use a little fake tan to create contour. My favorite is Jergens Wet because you just plaster it on in the shower and it gives a nice glow!
- Step onto the sand or out by the pool with empowering mantras: “I feel good”, ” I am beautiful”.
Confidence is Sexier Than Any Number On the Scale.
Loving the skin you’re in is not just about what you wear. It’s about getting a good glow. This starts from the inside out with good hydration and nutrition. If you need help on this, there are a number of free articles on the website:
Simple eating rules are found in my article called, “At War With Food?”. There’s so much information about food these days, but the simple rules that form a foundation for your diet have not changed. As you’re working on your nutrition and hydration, begin to get your skin swimsuit ready by using a body scrub at least weekly, using a good clean (meaning non-toxic) beauty lotion twice daily (we love Alba) and using a safe self-tanner, which Alba also makes! You can buy Alba products at Ulta, Wal-mart, and other outlets but the best selection is on Vitacost.
© Vibrant Health Company LLC All Rights Reserved.
Traci Baxendale Ball, LMSW, CAADC is the founder of Vibrant Health Company LLC
Explore all the free self-help articles on this website: https://vibranthealthcompany.com/featured-articles/
Email the webmaster with your questions and requests: email@example.com
Want Traci to speak at your next event? Use the Contact Us tab on the website: https://vibranthealthcompany.com/
Follow us on Facebook @vibranthealthcompany #vibranthealthcompany #mentalhealthhack #stigmasmash #freeselfhelp #mentalhealthrx
Connect with us on Instagram @vibranthealthco