Vibrant Mind: Skill 4
Skill Four: Breathing
Skill Instruction Videos Can Be Found Here:
Breathing is a Simple Way to Help Stress and Anxiety
Breathing is one of the first techniques you should practice as you collect skills for a more Vibrant Mind. Breathing is a key element of mindfulness, CBT, meditation, and many other wellness practices. Breathing is a path to better health.
10 Reasons You Should Become a Breathing Pro
- Breathing helps mental focus. It helps you to create intention, conviction, and commitment. Breathing helps determination. Breathing is what we do naturally as we prepare for a difficult task.
- Breathing paces (slows) your thinking. It gives you a chance to think rationally. Thinking rationally, with a wise mind, enables you to refrain from emotion-based thinking.
- Breathing helps you to resist impulse and reactive behavior. It enables a pause or space between a thought and a poor choice. You can see how breathing might help to change patterns of addiction or compulsion.
- Breathing gets you through a workout or physical exertion. Once your breathing is in rhythm, your body performs to its potential.
- Breathing helps you stay calm under pressure. It regulates the hormones and neurochemicals that can flood you when you are stressed.
- Breathing reduces illness, injuries, and softens muscle tension. 70% of toxins are eliminated through breathing. As well as helping eliminate toxins through respiration, breathing heals cells from within.
- Breathing controls the psychological experience of physical pain.
- Breathing helps posture. Proper breathing encourages you to lift and expand your chest and drop your shoulders back. This opens up the airway and straightens the spine.
- Breathing boosts mood. Natural endorphins are produced from an oxygen high.
- Breathing helps insomnia and anxiety due to its calming effects. A bonus is that it’s a natural approach to mental health issues with only good side effects.
How do I breathe properly?
DON’T get focused on counting and holding. Everyone breathes at a different rate.
DON’T force anything and hurt your body. Breathing is flow.
DON’T worry if you can feel your heart beating fast, just let the sensations pass.
DO relax your jaw, your shoulders, and your brow. Relax your belly and focus on opening the chest and heart center gently as the lungs expand.
DO find a nice slow pace.
DO practice for 5 – 10 minutes every day.
Try breathing on the floor for a super relaxing practice. Just Breathe.
© Vibrant Health Company LLC All Rights Reserved.
Traci Baxendale Ball, LMSW, CAADC is the founder of Vibrant Health Company LLC
Explore all the free self-help articles on this website: https://vibranthealthcompany.com/featured-articles/
Email the webmaster with your questions and requests: email@example.com
Want Traci to speak at your next event? Use the contact us tab on the website: https://vibranthealthcompany.com/
Follow us on Facebook @vibranthealthcompany #vibranthealthcompany #mentalhealthhack #stigmasmash #freeselfhelp #mentalhealthrx